Extended Triangle Pose (Utthita Trikonasana) is a dynamic pose that relieves backaches, sciatica, and sacro-iliac pain. It also tones legs and opens hips. This pose can be done with a bent front leg like we do in Heat A which is a hot style pose or with a straight front leg like we do in Heat B. Following are some questions to ask yourself next time you are doing Extended Triangle Pose:
- Am I grounding through the outside edge of the back foot?
- Am I drawing my inner thighs together?
- Am I drawing in my navel and spinning up from the low belly?
- Am I rolling my ribcage open toward the ceiling?
- Am I stretching through the fingers?
- Are my shoulders stacked and open?
- Am I breathing?
- Where is my focus? It can be up at your top hand or down at bottom hand.