Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose) increases the range of motion in the shoulders and strengthens the upper body. It also stretches the hamstrings and calves. Following are some common misalignments to make sure you are doing the pose properly:
1) Arms are too internally rotated
2) Legs are relaxed and heels are jamming into the floor
3) Thoracic spine is rounded or over-extended
4) Too much weight is in the arms and not enough in the legs
5) Scapulae is elevated or squeezed together
Check your Adho Mukha Svanasana or ask your Heat Yoga Teacher for help in order to make sure you are getting all of the benefits of this great pose!